Re: Please test gub

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:06:23 +0100

Am 29.01.19 um 14:58 schrieb Knut Petersen:
On 29.01.19 14:30, Urs Liska wrote:

Looks like 64-bit Ubuntu, like my main machine. With an earlier
gub-version I had similiar problem, because of missing 32-bit
libraries.
I got further after installing:
lib32ncurses5
lib32z1

I suspect that

    apt-get install libc6-dev-i386

fixes the problem on ubuntu 18.04

I installed the two packages Harm mentioned, and now it seems to be running pretty successfully. I'll report back when it finishes

Neither libn32curses5 nor lib32z1 are installed in my ubuntu 18.04 chroot environment that succeeds to finish gub runs, so these libs seem to be not required. Probably they pull in something we need. I verified that  removing libc6-dev-i386 and the libs it pulls in breaks building. But the question which libs are required can probably best be answered with the help of strace.

Knut

After installing these two packages the build on my server seems to have succeeded, so I did some more tests:

a) remove the two packages and rm -rf target/darwin-ppc
=> The build failed again at the same position with darwin-ppc::odcctools

b) install libc6-dev-i386 and rm -rf target/darwin-ppc
=> The build completed in 25 minutes, obviously rebuilding that target successfully.

HTH for identifying the dependencies.

Urs