Re: "Well, here's another nice mess I've gotten myself into!" Previously

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: "Well, here's another nice mess I've gotten myself into!" Previously Please test new lilypond installers
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 12:32:04 -0700

Hi, Michael!

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 10:28 AM Michael Hendry <address@hidden>
wrote:

> > On 29 Jan 2019, at 19:00, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > If you use alternative notation fonts you have to "install" them for
> every new LilyPond installation.
>
> [With apologies to Laurel & Hardy].
>
> Having successfully installed 2.21.0, I’ve tried to install Lilyjazz
> according to the instructions here:
>
> https://github.com/lyp-packages/lilyjazz

<snipped>

> I’m probably missing something obvious - can anyone help, please?

I don't use LYP for personal reasons, but it seems nice. The errors suggest
that some of the core functions (e.g., \require, \pinclude, etc.) are not
being found, which further suggests that whatever files define those are
not in LilyPond's include-path. You'll have to forgive me for not knowing
how to fix it since, again, I don't use it, but that should at least point
you in the right direction.

The alternative would be to download the lilyjazz files directly from that
repo and include them yourself.

HTH,
Abraham