Re: Automatic coloring clef/key signature changes

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Automatic coloring clef/key signature changes
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 10:39:33 -0500

Hi Jérôme,

> Is there a way to change the color of all clef changes in a score (and
> only these, not the clef that is at the beginning of each staff line)?

I’m sure there is. I just don’t have time right now to figure out how. Sorry!

> I cannot manage to change even one of these (I tried \once \override
> Staff.Clef.color, to no avail), and what I really want is to change
> all of these by a one-time incantation at the beginning of the score.

Well, you could always do something hacky, like the following:

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.80"

{
  c'1
  \once \override Score.Clef.color = #red \clef bass
  c1
}

clefchangebass = { \once \override Score.Clef.color = #red \clef bass }
clefchangetreble = { \once \override Score.Clef.color = #red \clef treble }

{
  c'1
  \clefchangebass
  c1