Re: Error: bad expression type

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Error: bad expression type
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 00:59:43 -0500

On 1/3/19 4:59 AM, Vaughan McAlley wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 at 20:26, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden>
wrote:
You can have markup between scores, so if you make this change it will
work:

titleFootnotes = \markup { \null }

titleFootnotes = {}

works, which might be a little closer to “nothing” :-)

Thanks! I went with Vaughan’s suggestion — in one song, the LilyPond tagline forced the score into 3 pages, and the null markup allowed page 3 to be completely blank except for the tagline. With the empty-music approach, the last system ends up on page 3, as it ought.

Thanks too to Harm and David for the explanations of why ##f is not a good expression to have between scores. It used to work, and I think I had come to expect it to work a lot like 'nil (and BTW I did try #'nil, with no improvement), but I see how it’s different from setting a subtitle to ##f.

It’s also nice to see that per-bookpart copyrights are working in 2.18, which I hadn’t tested since 2.14 (in which they were just hidden).

Thanks once again to everyone who helps make this software and this community so excellent.

~Chris
--
Chris Maden, text nerd
Emperor Norton had the right idea.