Re: lilypond.org blocked by OpenDNS?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: lilypond.org blocked by OpenDNS?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 15:12:55 -0800

On 2019-01-06 2:28 pm, bart deruyter wrote:
Maybe something to do with http versus https ?

I would suspect this too, as folks have been discouraging the use of sites that do not support Secure HTTP the past few years. Google and presumably other search engines have been lowering the page rank of sites that have no SSL certificate. That said, calling a site malicious because of a lack of a certificate is hardly fair. I would prefer the label to only be applied to sites that have well-documented evidence of malware.

Trying to hit the OpenDNS malware information site results in a dead end, so there is no way to verify what they have on lilypond.org to support the malware classification. Checking the usual sites shows that lilypond.org is not on any blacklist, so it would be essential to know why OpenDNS is doing what they are doing.

Off-topic, though funny observation: The only promoted article on OpenDNS's support forum is regarding how to delete your account.

-- Aaron Hill