Re: Emmentaler & friends

From: Massimiliano Viel
Subject: Re: Emmentaler & friends
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 23:52:36 +0100

Sorry for answering so late. That’s the sign of my situation… using lilypond
not everyday and when I do always with some urgency.
In fact, my needs of fine tuning lilypond come from using a complex notation (I
wrote last scores directly with Illustrator!) while having a poor knowledge of
the environment. I’m sure that when I’ll master scheme I’ll be able to do
whatever I want, but I often don’t have the time to master what I need before I
need it. :-)

For example…a few days ago I needed to put a slur between the notes of
different voices in the same staves.
Of course putting it by some fine tuning with Illustrator or Designer is the
fastest way to do it, when you are in a hurry.
What is the alternative proper way?

Thank you, I’ll check Inkscape.
In the meanwhile I asked the same question to the Affinity developer team and I
hope they’ll be able to answer it.

Massimiliano