Re: Rakefile

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Rakefile
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 21:00:45 +1100

Thanks Malte, much appreciated.

On Mon., 14 Jan. 2019, 10:12 pm Malte Meyn <address@hidden wrote:

Am 14.01.19 um 11:33 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
> Hi lilyponders,
>
> Does anyone use a Rakefile for automating their lilypond engraving and
> would be willing to share an example file that I could follow?

Hi Craig,

I don’t know anything about Ruby and Rakefiles but I’ve used Makefiles
some times. Attached you can find a Makefile that can build the full
score, single movements of full score, all parts, midis, and even audios
(.wav) from those midis using fluidsynth. The project contains the
following files:

% all .ily files are included in other files
global.ily % global definitions
global_partitur.ily % global definitions for full score
III.ily % definitions for the four movements
II.ily
I.ily
IV.ily

% .ly files are compiled
midiIII.ly
midiII.ly
midiI.ly
midiIV.ly
PartiturIII.ly % full score, third movement
PartiturII.ly
PartiturI.ly
PartiturIV.ly
Partitur.ly % full score, complete
Stimmen.ly % all parts, complete, uses \bookOutputName to make oboeI.pdf
etc.

Probably that setup and the Makefile are far from perfect but it works
for me ;)

HTH
Malte