output one bar at a time (midi and png)

From: Ted Walther
Subject: output one bar at a time (midi and png)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 01:34:53 -0800

I have some pieces that take a minute or two to play.  I'd like to make them into youtube videos so people can see the notes and lyrics while hearing the midi file.

Is there some simple way I can have lilypond put each bar (and its corresponding midi) into separate files?  Then I can use standard software to join them together.

And if I could output two bars at a time, that would allow a nice scrolling effect.

I guess I'm looking for something karaoke like, or that would let me generate the output of karaoke type files.  The music is all old and out of copyright.

Ted