Maxima...

From: Mark Probert
Subject: Maxima...
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 07:15:30 +1100

Hi, all.

In the project I'm working on, I've hit a need for a maxima (hooray!).
Okay, it is -real- music, more pedagogic, but what the heck! It's a
maxima!

However, oddly (to me), the standard noteheads support a maxima rest,
but not a maxima note. To get the notes, I need to slip into the
Baroque, and there is some oblique reference to this in the
documentation.

Personally, I'm not sure why this is so. Any thoughts?

 .. mark.

---
\version "2.19.82"

chant = \relative c { \clef bass e\maxima r\maxima e\longa r\longa }
verba = \lyricmode { Large Long  }

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice = "melody" \chant
    \new Lyrics = "one" \lyricsto melody \verba

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \override NoteHead.style = #'baroque