Re: harp basic muffle

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: harp basic muffle
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:50:41 -0800

On 2019-01-24 2:36 pm, Rachel Knight wrote:
The second muffle is very close to what I am looking for! All the
lines could be thicker and the straight parts should stick just a
little further past the circle.

Would there be a way to include it apart from having it in a dynamic
context? Often in harp music, we need the muffle below the staff or
even on top of the staff.

It is a dynamic script, so you should be able to attach it to any note using -, _, or ^ depending on the desired direction. That is, the Dynamics context is not strictly required.

As for the styling, play around with the numbers in the code. Thickness, for instance, is the first parameter to \path and the second parameter to \draw-circle. (NOTE: The snippet uses #'0.15 which has a superfluous, though harmless, quote. You can simply write #0.15 for a number.) The extents of the lines are defined by the moveto/lineto commands in the path.

-- Aaron Hill