Re: Text Spanner ID Layer Spans

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Text Spanner ID Layer Spans
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:09:50 -0600

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 5:47 PM Reggie <address@hidden> wrote:
David Kastrup wrote
> Reggie &lt;

> reegistoop@

> &gt; writes:
>
>> Using a David's function to allow layering spanners,
>
> I like "a David's function".  It's like describing a caste of priests.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Sorry David :))
Do you know the solution to my question?

Hi Reggie,

To layer text spanners with David N.'s new functionality, you must \tweak spanner properties rather than overriding them.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.19.82"
\include "text-spanner-id.ly"
{
    b1
    - \tweak bound-details.left.text \markup { \upright "rit." }
    \startTextSpanOne
    - \tweak bound-details.left.text \markup { \upright "other span" }
    \startTextSpanTwo
    e,
    \stopTextSpanOne
    \stopTextSpanTwo