percent repeats (bug?)

From: 智樂喬
Subject: percent repeats (bug?)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 12:18:17 +0800

\repeat percent is not as "smart" as I was hoping it would be. When dealing with repeats longer than two bars, there are two issues:
  1. The percent symbol is not centered, but placed in the left-most measure; and
  2. The slashes of the percent symbol do not reflect the number of measures being repeated.
I grepped through /usr/share/lilypond looking for beat-slash, which from the internals reference seemed a promising place to look. There are two grobs defined in define-grobs.scm, one for RepeatSlash and one for DoubleRepeatSlash. Unfortunately I can't see how I might be able to add TripleRepeatSlash and QuadrupleRepeatSlash. Otherwise, I might just write them myself and manually add them to my score, but that's still far from preferable, of course.

Preferably, \repeat would simply take the length of the music into consideration and adjust placement and the number of slashes accordingly.

Is there a way that these two issues can be resolved? (Also, can this be considered a bug?)

Here's a minimal example (with attached png) that demonstrates the issue:

\version "2.19.82"
\repeat percent 4 { \mark "perfect" c'2 d' | c'1 | }
\repeat percent 4 { \mark "3-bar" c'2 d' | c' e' | g'1 | }
\repeat percent 4 { \mark "4-bar" c'2 d' | c'1 | c' | c' | }

Thanks,

Randy