Re: Unterminated glissando

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Unterminated glissando
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 12:22:53 +0100

Am Sa., 16. Feb. 2019 um 09:00 Uhr schrieb Andrew Bernard
<address@hidden>:

> Hi Harm,
>
> This is great. It locates unterminated glissandi, but in my case it was just
> stupidity - they were at the end of the score with no note following. This
> amazing code of yours does not, in my setting at least, locate or catch the
> 'programming error: overwriting glissando' issue.
>
> Thanks so much in any case.
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I had hoped it would catch 'programming error: overwriting glissando' as well...

In general error/warning-messages without location-pointers are a nuisance.
In your case you will likely need to break down the code to a minimal
example, before one can think of fixing the issue.
Much work for a long and complex score...
Once the issue is identified I'm probably able to amend the checks.

For now I added a check for not printed glissandi (in too tight
situations), checking for empty-stencil.
You may try it, although I've no clue about the chances to catch the
programming error.

Best,
  Harm