Re: Finding the objects at the start of the current measure

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Finding the objects at the start of the current measure
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:47:39 +0100

Hi Vaughan,

Hi Urs,

FWIW, I don’t really see key signatures & time signatures as part of the measure proper, and don’t mind the look of those examples.

Maybe I should have made myself clearer. I'm not taking issue with the texts overlapping these elements on the *left* side. My problem is that in such cases the *right* barline is not pushed far enough to the right.

The attached image shows a markup added to the last measure of the original example. The point of the function is to make sure the markup doesn't protrude into the next measure, to avoid exactly the type of collision avoidance you can see in the image.

In order to be able to tackle my current engraving challenge I created a workaround by manually increasing the padding. This does work but I'm totally not happy with it yet. Unfortunately I do have concerns if it is at all possible to achieve automatically (since at the point when I can still influence the minimum-length I don't have the required data yet).

Urs

That’s some impressive coding!

Vaughan