ScholarLY and Latex

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: ScholarLY and Latex
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 07:10:34 +1000

Hi all (and especially Urs),

I've been working with Scholarly and Latex -- the usage-example on the initial-latex-package branch works perfectly, but the inp file is different to what is currently exported by the Scholarly package (which I'm sure you know).

An example from the initial-latex-package that works perfectly is:

\criticalRemark
   [grob={NoteHead},
    grob-location={((beat-string . 4) (beat-fraction . 0) (beat-part . Mom 0) (our-beat . 4) (measure-pos . Mom 3/4) (measure-no . 1) (rhythmic-location 1 . Mom 3/4))},
    grob-type={NoteHead},
    input-file-name={annotate.ly},
    context-id={usage-examples},
    location={/Users/Jeffery/work/scholarLY/usage-examples/annotate.ly 15:4:4},
    type={critical-remark},
    message={Go to \textit{school} and \textcolor{red}{sit back}! This
        annotation has a footnote which LilyPond will ignore.},
    ann-footnote={Here is a footnote for the entire annotation; it
        is only used by the \LaTeX{} package.}]

An example of the inp file from the master branch of ScholarLy:

\criticalRemark[
    item={#f},
    message={Slur in original part is unclear as to its exact start and end. The best visual estimation is a slur covering the full bar, however the dotted slur represents the likely original intent based on future presentations that are marked clearly.},
    ann-type={critical-remark},
    music-type={post-event},
    style-type={tweak},
    span-class={annotation},
    location={/Users/craigdabelstein/Maxime's Music/Projects/MM0079/Jadin/lilypond/Score/../Notes/clarinetI.ily:37:3:3},
    context-id={1re. CLARINETTE.},
    context-label={1re. CLARINETTE.},
    score-id={#f},
    score-label={},
    grob-type={Slur},
    grob-label={Slur},
    beat-string={1 3/4},
    beat-fraction={3/4},
    beat-part={3/8},
    our-beat={1},
    measure-pos={3/8},
    measure-no={9},
    rhythmic-location={9,3/8},
    ]

This throws up multitudes of xkeyval errors such as:

! Package xkeyval Error: `measure-pos' undefined in families `scholarLYann'.

Can I help to get the inp output of the master branch to work with the latex-package? Where I should I start, or what would you like me to do?

All the best,

Craig

--
Craig Dabelstein