Re: [Linphone-users] Detecting an incoming call

From: brian_p
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Detecting an incoming call
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:35:26 +0000

On Fri 12 Nov 2010 at 10:03:20 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> My linphonec (a few versions old) prints caller details ending with
> something like "is calling you." when there's an incoming call.
> Doesn't it any more?  That'll break linphone.el...
>
> Hope that helps,

It did - because it made me rethink my approach. I was using --pipe with
linphonec, which outputs to the console and creates a socket in /tmp. But
then I became fixated on getting data out of the socket, rather than have
it on the screen, so that it could be sent to a script. Caller details
were there but I couldn't get at them using the socket.

What I've done now is to create a FIFO and start linphonec like so:

linphonec --pipe > FIFO

and then get my script to read from the pipe. Using the socket would
still be my preference but it's rather less urgent now to figure out how
to do so.

Cheers,

Brian.