[Linphone-users] No video codecs in preferences but there in .linphonerc

From: Tudor Protopopescu
Subject: [Linphone-users] No video codecs in preferences but there in .linphonerc
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 01:01:46 -0400

Hello,

I have run into a perplexing problem with setting up Linphone which I hope
someone might give me some pointers about.

I have it running just fine one an openSUSE 12.3 machine, installed from the
opensuse repo; audio and video both work. I am now trying to install it on
another machine with opensuse 13.1 . This time no video codecs are available in
the `preferences -> multi-media -> video codecs' dialogue, though I have some
codecs installed, e.g. theora which works on the other machine. There are some
codecs listed in the ~/.linphonerc file, and are enabled but they do not show
up in the preferences dialogue. The audio works fine.

I am stumped as to what the difference is since the set up process was the
same. I would be grateful for any advice.

Regards,
Tudor