Re: [Linphone-users] Camera Question

From: Gautier Pelloux-Prayer
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Camera Question
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 09:33:26 +0100

Hi Bob,

> 1. Is there any limit on the number of addresses that can be in the Contact
> List?

None of which I am aware. However Linphone might not be scaled for thousands of
contacts...

> 2. Is there any way to alphabetize the contact list?  Now it is just in the
> order that entries were made, and when the list gets large it is hard to find
> the entry you want.

Unfortunately not yet. The list is actually ordered by name but also by
presence (which has priority). There is a (long time) bug though: the list
order is not changed when one or several of your contacts are updating their
presence status and/or display name, leading to messed up list. Any patch
welcome obviously!

> On 12 Jan 2016, at 22:43, Bob Dixon <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I am using Linphone on a Windows XP system.
>
> There are 2 cameras available to the PC, the built-in one, and an external
> ethernet camera.
> Linphone uses the built-in camera.  Is there any way to have Linphone use the
> external camera?
Go to Settings -> Multimedia and change Video source: normally both cameras
should be listed