[Linphone-users] Problem with the Python wrapper for Raspbian

From: Csaba Peterfalvi
Subject: [Linphone-users] Problem with the Python wrapper for Raspbian
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 17:26:50 +0200

Dear All,

I am running Linphone 3.6.1 on my Raspberry Pi 2b with the most recent Raspbian Stretch (Release date:2018-11-13, Kernel version:4.14). Following the description at https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Linphone/Linphone%20and%20Raspberry%20Pi/ I tried to set up a video monitoring using the python wrapper from https://linphone.org/releases/linphone-python-raspberry/linphone4raspberry-3.9.1-cp27-none-any.whl. However, I cannot get past the following error message when I try to configure my account using ./linphonecam.py configure_account <username> <password>

File "./linphonecam.py", line 20, in __init__
    callbacks = linphone.Factory.get().create_core_cbs()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Factory'

When looking at the documentation of the package at https://pythonhosted.org/linphone/index.html indeed, I can find neither 'Factory', nor 'create_core_cbs()'. I would naively think first that the wrapper is outdated, but on the other hand, the tutorial at the wiki page is dedicated exactly to Raspberry Pi, so it must have worked at some point with a Python wrapper for Raspberry. The most recent version of the Python wrapper (3.9.1) predates the last update to the tutorial by more than 2 years, yet they don't seem to be compatible. Could someone tell what is the problem here and if there is any reasonable workaround to it?

I am also curious if we can expect updates in https://linphone.org/releases/linphone-python-raspberry/ after more than 3 years since the last update, or the Raspberry line got abandoned altogether?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Csaba