linux-c1

Re: SONY Jog-Dial driver, finally

From: ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
Subject: Re: SONY Jog-Dial driver, finally
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:10:48 +0900

Cc: to linux-c1 list :-)

>> I heard ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <address@hidden> uses jogdiald
>> <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.brisset/vaio/>.

 Yes, I use jogdiald.
 .deb prototype can download from this apt line bellow:

deb http://hanzubon.org/Linux/Debian/jogdiald ./
deb-src http://hanzubon.org/Linux/Debian/jogdiald ./

 I want it to support Debian menu system. But I don't have enough time
to do it....

>> I don't know which one is good for using because I don't have VAIO.

 Humm... both johutil and jogdiald base on picturbook code, perhaps.
But jogutil is separated kernel side driver (Sony PIC control driver)
and user space util. Jogdiald is implemented only users pace program
(like picturebook).

 I think it is better jogutil's approach from technically view.
 But jogdiald is useful for me enough, and easy to debianize this
because it is only a user space program :-)

--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>