lout-users

Lout and SGML

From: basile . starynkevitch
Subject: Lout and SGML
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 08:52:23 +0200

--

I'm interested about Lout used in SGML processing (actually formatting
SGML documents). (Standard Generalized Markup Language is an ISO8879
standard about logical document markup -see comp.text.sgml newsgroup).

So far I know about Typeset, by  address@hidden
(Joerg Wittenberger) and Linux-SGML. Both are using lout as a backend.
Are there any other people doing the same?

As a long term wish, I wish that Lout could accept SGML. Perhaps this
can be done by reading the output from an SGML parser such as nsgmls
(ftp.jclark.com:/pub/sp/). Since SGML is an ISO standard which is well
established and quite used by now, I believe that such a feature would
establish lout as a text formatter (and with such a feature Lout would
have a definite and immediate advatange over groff or LaTeX).

Basile STARYNKEVITCH   ----  Commissariat a l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SERMA * C.E. Saclay bat.470 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
fax: (33) 1- 69.08.85.68; phone: (33) 1- 69.08.40.66; homephone: (33) 1-
46.65.45.53
email: address@hidden (redirected to address@hidden);

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are solely mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.

Please cite a **small pertinent part** of my mail in all answers
Veuillez citer une **petite partie pertinente** de mon courrier dans vos
reponses