lout-users

Re: Typesetting Tibetan with Lout: success story!

From: bert thompson
Subject: Re: Typesetting Tibetan with Lout: success story!
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 1995 12:56:06 +1100

Congratulations on LoutTib!

On the topic of internationalization in Lout...

Are there any plans in the air to port Lout to Unicode rather than
having lots of slightly different versions for different languages?
If there is interest in Chinese, Devanagari or whatever, maybe it's
time to consider subsuming all this work into the one job.

Admittedly, getting everything right including font support is far
from trivial -- so I won't be volunteering. 8^)

Cheers,
Bert.

|--------