lout-users

Re: lout and ghostscript

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: lout and ghostscript
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 96 14:08:07 -0500 (EST)

[ On Sat, January 20, 1996 at 16:50 (MET), Mike Dowling wrote: ]
> Subject: lout and ghostscript
>
> What is going on?

I think the problem is that lout isn't using the font descriptions which
apply specifically to the fonts rendered by ghostscript.

The same problem occurs with troff and groff when using font metrics
derrived from the Adobe AFM files.

TeX, on the other hand, is likely using the same fonts as ghostscript.

I suspect that if one was to purchase the real Adobe fonts for
ghostscript that it would be able to render them within the limmitations
of the display to best match the printer output.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734                 VE3TCP                  robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <address@hidden>; Secrets of the Weird <address@hidden>