lout-users

Re: LaTeX discussion [was Re: General discussion]

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: LaTeX discussion [was Re: General discussion]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:56:50 +0300 (MSK)

If I may put in my two cents worth. I too finally had to give
up LaTeX because of things I was trying to modify. I also
tried Lout, but couldn't find cross-references, TOC, etc.

Now I've gone back to TeX (plain, plus eplain) and I finally
have control of my environment when I need that level of
control. If I don't need that level of control, I have found
the new (to me) LaTeX2e has much better ways to control document
setup than the orginal LaTeX that I used for my thesis
(which was AGONY).

Tom Browder

P.S. I shall always be grateful to Professor Knuth and Leslie
Lamport for their wonderful contributions to the segment of
society that needs typesetting capability.