lout-users

Re: Printing a set of forms

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Printing a set of forms
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 09:55:57 +1000

I do this kind of thing sometimes myself, and I find it easiest to
put all the formatting in the @Form definition:

    def @Form
        named header { ... }
        named footer { ... }

so that I can create one form via

    @Form
        header { ... }
        footer { ... }

If I have a bunch of standard headers then I do what tao seems to be
doing, make a definition for each header.  For getting multiple forms
in one file I just separate them by @NP symbols:

    @Doc @Text @Begin
    @Form ...
    @NP
    @Form ...
    @NP
    @End @Text

This requires turning off the page numbering.  Also if there are
things required at the foot of the page, then you need a bit of
Lout magic inside @Form:

    def @Form
    {
       //1rt @OneRow {
          ... stuff for foot of page here ...
       }
    }

The //1rt asks for the equivalent of right justification in the vertical
direction.  It's explained in detail in the Expert's Guide.

Jeff