lout-users

Re: Empty Contents Pages

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Empty Contents Pages
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:39:14 +1000

Mark Summerfield writes:

> When I use book and my contents page is only one page the next page is
> always printed blank. I can get a footer on it, but I really want to put
> text there. Is this possible? And if so how?

It's a feature of the book package that the introductory, roman-numbered
sequence of pages always come in pairs.  You could use

    @SeparateIntroNumbering { No }

to make the whole book numbered in Arabic, or you could use

    @PrefaceAfterContents { Yes }

to get Lout to put the preface after the contents, and put your
text in as a preface.  But if you want an introductory sequence
of pages numbered in Roman, with the first page of Chapter 1
following an odd-numbered roman page, you're stuck.

Jeff Kingston