lout-users

Re: Using fonts with Lout

From: Victor Sudakov
Subject: Re: Using fonts with Lout
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:52:17 +0700 (KRS)

Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> > > different matter and, alas, is not currently implemented in Lout.
> >
> > Do you mean to say that I cannot use, for example, Russian fonts if I
> > want to produce a PDF file with Lout?
>
> You can if you have additional software that will perform the
> embedding or if your PDF viewer have the font (pre)installed.

My primary interest is to create portable documents. Now I use
pdflatex for this purpose, it embeds Type1 fonts.

> But for typical setup the answer is no, not yet.

Are there any plans to implement font embedding in Lout? It would be
nice to produce PostScript and PDF files with non-standard fonts in
them without any additional manipulations, right out of Lout, by means
of some command line option.

As far as I understand, to achieve this, Lout must be taught to work
with .pfb or .pfa files.

--
Victor Sudakov            | address@hidden
VAS4-RIPE                 | 2:5005/address@hidden