lout-users

Re: PageType

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: PageType
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:06:51 +0300

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 06:46:04AM -0500, Danny Holth wrote:

> For a long time I've been bewildered by this: how can I change my PageType
> without editing my system-wide {docf} (or whatever it's called) include
> file?  There is an entire chapter in the User's manual about this option
> and its kin but it's not clear to me how to use these.

For each document type there's a complement default setup file,
e.g. "docf" (where"f" stands for "format") and "doc".

The default setup file lists all the options along with their default
values, but all of them are commented out.  This is specifically to
support the following arrangement.  You simply make a copy of the
setup and uncomment and change the options you need.  E.g. you copy
"$LOUTLIB/include/doc" as, say, "setup.lt" and change @Include { setup }
instead of @SysInclude { doc }.

You can also use the address@hidden command line option, just
don't forget to quote it as most shell have special treatment of
braces.  But this shortcut is useful mostly for options that you can
quickly change in order to conduct some experiment.

If the default A4 is not suitable :-), you can edit the "docf" and
change the default to suit your needs (I recall this is suggested
somewhere in the documentation).

SY, Uwe