lout-users

Version 3.18 of Lout now available

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Version 3.18 of Lout now available
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:49:43 +1000

Version 3.18 of Lout is now available from my ftp site:

    ftp://ftp.cs.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.18.tar.gz

The corresponding Version 3.18 user's guide is at

    ftp://ftp.cs.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.18.user.ps.gz

I have had one or two reports of difficulties accessing the ftp
site, which I have passed on to the technical people.  If you
have any trouble, can one of you please email address@hidden
about it.  This will reach the duty programmer on Monday.

I myself will be out of contact for a few days, as I pack up and
travel to the University of Reading, UK, for a four-month sabbatical.
Email to my usual address, address@hidden, will be forwarded
automatically to me, but there will be some days' delay until I'm
set up in Reading before I will be able to respond.

Changes and new features introduced in Version 3.18 [26 February 2000]

    Bug fixes (more than usual, somehow)
    New @CurrYUnit and @CurrZUnit symbols (expert users)
    @Diag enhancement:  node types, similar to row types in @Tbl
    @Diag enhancement:  new features for drawing syntax diagrams
    Portuguese (thanks to Jose Roberto B. de A. Monteiro)
    Slight change to @Tbl spec (affects aligned columns)
    Replaced c2lout with prg2lout (computer program formatting)
    @Outline symbol for printing words in outline rather than filled
    A few extra @Eq symbols:  filledcircle, small, trieq

Things that ought to be done but haven't been done yet

    PDF-like features in PostScript output
    Various improvements/bug fixes for PDF output
    Review Uwe's proposal for moving word row marks to the baseline
    Running headers for tables [much more feasible than previously thought]

Jeff Kingston