lout-users

Re: file lout.li

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: file lout.li
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:18:57 +0300

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 11:40:22 -0000, address@hidden wrote:

> I want to know if it is possible to tell LOUT where to
>  write the file lout.li (lout.lix)?
> I'm using version 3.24 . I'm trying to run LOUT in batch
>  process but I do not want to give the write access to
>  the directory where LOUT actually writes the file lout.li.
>  Calling lout with the option -s suppresses the writing
>  of all cross-reference databases (also lout.li), but the
>  documents I want to create may use cross-references.

You can run lout in a different directory instead.  Just supply -I if
your documents use @Include.

$ cd /tmp
$ lout -o x.ps -I ~/src/lout-3.24/doc/slides ~/src/lout-3.24/doc/slides/all
... unresolved xref warnings ...
$ lout -o x.ps -I ~/src/lout-3.24/doc/slides ~/src/lout-3.24/doc/slides/all

SY, Uwe