lout-users

Re: Turning on generation of table of contents completely ruins document

From: Kris Gijbels
Subject: Re: Turning on generation of table of contents completely ruins document
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:43:35 +0100

> > Lout generates a lot of errors like:
> >
> > lout filter file "lout1" (from "apprenticeship_report.lout" line 117):
> >      2,1: 23.312c object horizontally scaled by factor 0.65 (too wide for
> > 15.143c paragraph)
>
> It's really hard to help you without seeing an instance of code that
> fails.  Minimized self-contained test case that reproduces the problem
> is preferrable.

Thanks for the suggestion :) By trying to reproduce the problem in a small
example I have been able to figure out what goes wrong. Apparantly the
problem was caused by using tabs in my code examples, which were put in a
verbatim block like this:

@IndentedDisplay @F @Verbatim {
Object subclass: #Stack

Stack>>push: value
}

Although I don't really get why the problem didn't surface until I turned on
the table of contents generation, converting the tabs to spaces seems to
solve the problem. If anyone can point out what the exact cause of this could
be, please do :)

S!