lout-users

Re: Using RTX to write Lout, html and docbook (sgml)

From: Reimer Behrends
Subject: Re: Using RTX to write Lout, html and docbook (sgml)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:26:30 -0400

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 11:54:25AM +0400, Mark Summerfield wrote:
[...]
> Two other frustrations with lout that I can't solve:
> 1) I wish I could include .png files (although there may be scriptable
>    solutions to convert .png to .eps on-the-fly);

See <URL:http://www.imagemagick.org/>, specifically the convert tool,
and my recent article on the subject matter. Not sure if that is what
you're looking for, but it might at least alleviate your problem.

> 2) I wish I could use truetype fonts.

Either ttf2pt1 <URL:http://ttf2pt1.sourceforge.net/> or PfaEdit
<URL:http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/> should help you there.

Some knowledge of font formats is still useful.

[...]

                        Reimer Behrends