lout-users

Re: Lout 3.24: Bug in FontRead(): Fails if empty line after EndCharMetri

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Lout 3.24: Bug in FontRead(): Fails if empty line after EndCharMetrics
Date: 04 Jun 2001 02:52:14 +0200

Michael Piotrowski <address@hidden> writes:

> while migrating to Lout 3.24 I noticed that Lout wouldn't any longer
> read the AFM files generated by ttf2afm (which worked fine with Lout
> 3.17); instead it would terminate with "fatal error: EndFontMetrics
> missing".
>
> I found that the cause of this problem was the empty line after
> EndCharMetrics in the AFM files.

If somebody need a fix now, I've put a patch for this (which also
includes a hack for three-letter ligatures) at

   <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/type/>

I've also extracted ttf2afm from pdfTeX and put it on the same page.
This version of ttf2afm doesn't require any TeX-specific libraries, it
doesn't insert empty lines into the generated AFM files, and it starts
them with "StartFontMetrics" instead of "Comment", so that they should
be usable with Lout without further editing.

Greetings

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                                  <address@hidden>