lout-users

Mark Shield's louteq

From: Frank Atanassow
Subject: Mark Shield's louteq
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:30:17 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

I have been evaluating lout, and attempted writing a few definitions for
prooftree derivations a la Paul Taylor's analagous package for TeX. In the
process I ran across Mark Shield's louteq distribution.

What is the status of Mark Shield's modifications? I have seen one mention of
it on the list, with no responses. Is it dead in the water, or is there a
chance this stuff will make it into the main tree in the near future?  I must
say, since I am in the same field as Mark and likewise need to publish a great
deal of mathematics, many of his changes are very attractive to me...

BTW, I have a technical question. I have two objects A and B, and A is (in
general) wider than B. I want to vertically concatenate them, A on top of B,
but the result should only be as wide as B; consequently A will usually stick
out of the sides of the box, but I don't mind that. How do I do it?

--
Frank Atanassow, Information & Computing Sciences, Utrecht University
Padualaan 14, PO Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, Netherlands