lout-users

Re: Scaling

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Scaling
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:53:53 +1000

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:33:14 +0200 (MEST), Mark Christiaens wrote:

  > Is it possible to have a conditional scale operation in Lout.  I mean: do
  > not scale if the object already fits, only start scaling when the object
  > is larger than it's allowed space?

There is no primitive to do it, and there should be.  I've wondered myself
if some clever combination of what's there now would do it.  Something like

    def @ScaleUp right x
    {
        @Scale
        {
            @HExpand " "
            //
        }
    }

although, on further thought, @HExpand inside @Scale is likely to
behave quite strangely.  Anyone got time to do some experiments?

Jeff