lout-users

Misbehavior of @IncludeGraphic

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Misbehavior of @IncludeGraphic
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:56:41 +0100

Hi,

There's already been a post regarding a strange behavior of @IncludeGraphic
in Basser Lout 3.25. I'm actually having the same kind of problem than the one
described some time ago: when including an EPS file, Lout either ignores it or
terminates with a segfault (running it with gdb shows that it actually
terminates
in Error(), in z28.c line 230, with parameter str="EPS file ignored (bad first
line in file)"... ;).

@IncludeGraphic actually works with at least some EPS files (I tried with one
that
had been generated by xv) but the reason why it seems to fail with some files
(see the one attached) is because those files do not have any "BoundingBox". I
don'
t know what it means, but I noticed that Ghostscript (gv and epstopdf) complains
about this. However, this is a `real' EPS file, so there's no reason why it
shouldn't be recognized and included correctly I think. Here is what the command
`file' says about the attached one:

utbmquadri.eps: AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file

I hope this helps a bit.
Does anyone have an idea about how to avoid this `bug', by modifying the EPS
file
for instance?

Cheers,
Ludovic.