lout-users

2 wishes for @Tbl and @Diag

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: 2 wishes for @Tbl and @Diag
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:14:01 +0000

Hi,

I'm doing a lot of drawing using lout. I find it much easier (after some
practice) than using a drawing program, especially when you need to make
changes. But I've encountered two small problems that make drawing with
lout more awkward than it need be:

1) @Tbl has no rulestyle option to set the line style, e.g. to dotted,
dashed etc. Many of my diagrams could be produced using @Tbl alone if
this was available.

2) @Diag has no 'expand' option; I would find an option that offered
vexpand, hexpand and expand (both directions) very useful, especially if
the expansion was to fill the available space (i.e. without expanding
that space). For example it would be nice to write:
    @Box { @Box expand { expand } { blah } }
so that the inner box would fill the outer box (allowing for margins of
course.)

Does anyone know how to achieve these. I have read the documentation
extensively and haven't found solutions yet. (BTW I find that @HExpand
and @VExpand have an effect on the enclosing object in diagrams.)

Thanks.

--