lout-users

Re: New, Just a few questions.

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: New, Just a few questions.
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:27:49 +1000

Should you start from scratch?

It seems rather drastic.  I would be finding some kind of mapping
like

    Bible book --> Lout Chapter
    Bible chapter --> Lout Section

etc. and then using the existing book setup options to make the
Lout chapters look like books of the Bible, etc.  You can even
define some macros:

    macro @BibleBook { @Chapter }
    macro @BibleChapter { @Section }

etc. to allow you to write

    @BibleBook
        @Title { ... }
    @Begin
    @End @BibleBook

I've never done this but it should work.  I suggest this because
there is an awful lot of detail in the existing Lout page layout
packages which you don't even think of until you need it.  But of
course, Lout does let you do it if you really want to.

Jeff Kingston