lout-users

Enhanced pdfmark handling for @LinkDest for PDF files

From: K. H. Man
Subject: Enhanced pdfmark handling for @LinkDest for PDF files
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:41:28 +0800

Hi all,

I have submitted a patch to JK to enhance pdfmark links for PDFs
generated via Lout and Ghostscript. It's about 35K including a
diff against version 3.29, a test PDF and some test results, so
please e-mail me privately if you want it immediately.

With the patch, destination points are reached correctly, with the
actual point placed near the top of the page. About 72pts of space
above and to the left of the destination point is provided to
allow the viewer to understand the context of the jump destination
more quickly, like what is done for many Adobe documents.

The patch implements a generalized CTM (current transformation
matrix) to map local user space to the default user space. Links
also work for upside down words or objects rotated 90 degrees.

I will update the Lout PDFs on SF in a few days, but first I am
looking at adding PDF bookmark trees automatically.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)