lout-users

Re: --option{value} problem

From: Edgar Toernig
Subject: Re: --option{value} problem
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:17:10 +0200

Barrie Stott wrote:

> I tried to use --option{value} with my Debian/woody Linux 2.4.18
> system with lout 3.24. Below is a transcript of the call to lout and
> the error messages generated.
> --------------------------
> lout --"@InitialFont{Palatino Base 12p}" --"@InitialBreak{adjust 1.4fx
> hyphen}" /tmp/ZZ1.lout > /tmp/x1.ps
> lout file "Base":
>      1,0: cannot open file Base
> lout file "12p}"":
>      1,0: cannot open file 12p}"
> lout file "1.4fx":
>      1,0: cannot open file 1.4fx
> lout file "hyphen}"":
>      1,0: cannot open file hyphen}"

I get those errors only if I omit the double quotes around the options.
Your shell splits the "--" options at spaces.  The double quotes are
supposed to suppress that splitting.  Seems you shell is broken...

But, I have to put a space before both closing braces else (lout 3.28):

----
lout --"@InitialFont{Palatino Base 12p}" --"@InitialBreak{adjust 1.4fx hyphen}"
art1.lout
lout:
         internal error: assert failed in Manifest ACAT: no GAP_OBJ!
----
lout --"@InitialFont{Palatino Base 12p }" --"@InitialBreak{adjust 1.4fx hyphen
}" art1.lout
[ok]