lout-users

Re: page headers

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: page headers
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:05:09 +1100

> > > so I replaced ``??'' with ``_'' in include/dsf
> >
> > Don't try this at home.
>
> Why? (Actually, as you see in the diff output, I put ``"_"'' there.)

The Lout binary replaces cross references whose value is not
currently known by the value ??.  This effectively gives ??
the status of a built-in special constant, and it is used as
such in the standard packages.  If you replace it by "_" there
you are introducing an inconsistency whose consequences are
not immediately apparent to me.  That's not to say it won't
do what you want.

jeff