lout-users

Version Identifier

From: Nathan Bell
Subject: Version Identifier
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:40:01 -0700

I'm currently in the process of upgrading from lout 3.17 to a newer version of lout, 3.30, but am having trouble with maintaining both versions using the same template files. These template files are what we include at the beginning of each document, and several computers aren't in a position to have lout upgraded.

What I'm looking for is a way to identify which version of lout I'm currently using so that I may use one main template file that includes either the 3.17 specifics or the 3.30 specifics. In particular the font changes (FontDef in a database versus the old fontdef) are a cause for concern.

What I would like to do is something like this:

@LoutVersion @Case {
   3.17 @Yield { @SysInclude {myfontdefs} }
   else @Yield { @Database @FontDef {myfontdb} }
}

I can not find any tag or identifier that would allow me to do this. Is this possible at all?

--
Nathan Bell
/I.T. Engineer/

Phone: 801-705-9154