lout-users

A Hello and a Question about Fonts

From: Michael Kerpan
Subject: A Hello and a Question about Fonts
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:54:57 -0400

Hello there. I'm a lout newbie and I have a question about Fonts. I've
seen at least one thread here that indicates that lout can use OTF
fonts (albeit with some jiggering needed to make ligatures work) but
NONE of the official documentation seems to mention this being
possible and I can't find anything in the Chagelog that would indicate
that OTF is supported.

Also, has the font embedding situation improved at all since
http://lout.wiki.sourceforge.net/UseCustomFonts was written back in
1999? Given the the easiest way to embed fonts in a PDF through
GhostScript is to make sure they're embedded in the PS file you send
to Ghostscript, a solution that doesn't involve dodgy Perl scripts
would be nice...

Mike