lout-users

Re: @Diag question

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: @Diag question
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:50:09 +1100

> I was not able to find out how to freely position start and
> end point of links on the object boundary in @Diag.

Sounds like you need a bit of algebra, as in Section 9.11 of
the User's Guide.

> I tried verbatim the example on page 209 of the manual, ...
> this does _not_ produce the diagram as in the manual.

It's all a question of how much space is made available to
the diagram by its context.  If you had used @CD @Diag ...
instead of @Diag ... for example, you would have got what
you see in the manual, because only the minimum amount of
horizontal space is made available to a centred display.
Lout is basically keen to give as much space as possible
to everything, on the principle that it is easy to elec
not to use it if you don't want it.

Jeff