lout-users

Page-spanning box [was: Re: @Font trumps @B & @I (which is a pity)]

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Page-spanning box [was: Re: @Font trumps @B & @I (which is a pity)]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:29:08 +0100

Hi Ludo',

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:33:12 +0200
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Mark Summerfield <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > However, whenever I use @VSChar{} lout outputs a warning:
> >
> > no value for context variable `scopeState', using the empty string
> >
> > I solved this by enclosing the whole para in:
> >
> > {scopeState @Yield @address@hidden
> > ... # Used @ScopedBold & @ScopedItalic
> > }
> >
> > But what I'd really like to do is set the scopeState globally for
> > the whole document.
>
> I think this can be solved either by modifying ‘docf’ or perhaps by
> doing the initial address@hidden in the address@hidden parameter of
> address@hidden

Thanks!

On a new topic: d'you know if it is possible to have a
page-break-spanning box?

I have a definition, let's call it @Get, that reads in lines from
external files via @Pipe. So I have this kind of thing:

@LD @Box @Get{....}

But sometimes this is too big for the page & lout scales; what I'd
really like is for the box to span the page break.

I've also tried

@LD @Tbl address@hidden A} { @Rowa address@hidden

but tables won't break inside a row.

I've got a workaround but it isn't as convenient as a
page-break-spanning box would be.

:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy