lout-users

Re: Is it possible to get the effect of splitting a box across page boun

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Is it possible to get the effect of splitting a box across page boundaries?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:10:23 +1100

Mark,

I got it working pretty darn well with

    @Floater
      @OnePage { No }
      @Location { Display }
      @Format { @Box paint { lightgrey } @Body }
    {
    }

The sticking point seems to have been the @OnePage option,
which we both forgot about, but which is there in the guide.

Where I mentioned an @Enclose option before, I meant @Format.
The guide is a good source for fine-tuning @Format with stuff
like @HExpand and @CC, if needed.

Incidentally, it's my intention for Nonpareil that all
symbols, like @Box, that enclose documents should behave
this way by default, so that boxing a few words within
a paragraph will produce two boxes if the words break
across two lines etc.  Font and underlining symbols
do it now in Lout but most other symbols don't.

Jeff