lout-users

Hello List

From: Pierre
Subject: Hello List
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:22:08 -0500

Hi all,
I'm new to that mailing list, sorry if I break any rule by sending this
message.
I've been using Lout quite extensively for the past few years but I
never really got involved, besides spreading the word whenever asked for
my opinion on wordprocessing/typesetting systems.
Now I find myself in a position to actually do something moderately
useful for the community: I am the proud owner of a Ben Nanonote, and
lout strikes me as an obvious choice for document preparation on that
platform. I gave it a try a few years ago but dropped the ball (I
stopped shortly after posting this page:
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Lout
)
I switched to just typing my source files on the Ben, and compiling them
on other machines, but as the platform is maturing having the whole
chain on the Ben looks more and more appealing; I am therefore going to
give it another try... so I might bother you guys with stupid questions
as I run into problems. And also for testing if some of you have a
Ben... (particularly for graphs, as I tend to generate them with J.
Planck's JGraph and embed them in Lout as postscript instead of using
Lout's own graph-ing utilities).

Any tips to avoid me posting too many stupid questions to the list in
the coming weeks? Also, is there a usenet group dedicated to Lout?
Couldn't find any.

Best regards,

--
Pierre