lout-users

Re: @BookSetup chapters - how to prevent chapter title page?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: @BookSetup chapters - how to prevent chapter title page?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 08:27:14 +1000

Paul,

The book package does not insert an entire page devoted to
the title.  It inserts a large title at the top of the
first page containing "Chapter 1.  Whatever-the-title-is",
but the remainder of that page contains chapter text.

If you are getting a page with nothing on it but the title,
the problem must be something else.  I suggest you do the
following:

(1) If you are using your own setup file, the first step is
to return to the default setup file.  If that fixes the
problem, then the problem is somewhere in your setup file
and you can work it out by reinstating your setup file
one option at a time.

(2) If the problem is still there, then it's in your
text.  The first thing would be to try a chapter like
this:

    @Chapter
       @Title { First Chapter }
    @Begin
    This is the first chapter.
    @End @Chapter

which ought to come out completely on one page.  If
that still does not work, let me know.  If it does
work, again you can work gradually back towards your
actual chapter and find the problem that way.

Jeff