lout-users

Lout paper sizes

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Lout paper sizes
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:24:34 +1000

Dear Lout listers,

One point that Joerg Jung made in his posting a couple of months
ago was that Lout's definition of the B5 paper size follows the
JIS standard rather than the ISO standard.  I've researched the
subject and verified that two of Lout's named paper sizes, B4 and
B5, do indeed follow the JIS standard and not the ISO standard.
I don't know how this came about; it was a long time ago.

Does anyone have an opinion about what to do about this?  I'm
reluctant to make a change that will alter and possibly break
old B4 and B5 documents.  I guess I'm tending towards adding
new document sizes called ISOB4 and ISOB5.  Comments welcome.

Jeff Kingston