lout-users

Re: Changing math layout / microtypography

From: Valery Ushakov
Subject: Re: Changing math layout / microtypography
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 19:07:01 +0300

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 17:10:34 +0200, Oliver Bandel wrote:

> I want to have a different layout/typography
> for the integral symbol.
> I want the limits to be directly below and above the Integral-symbol,
> not right-sided.
> The Sum-symbol seems to have both options, but the integral it seems,
> only has the limits shifted to the right of the integral-symbol.

Actually "int" does have an option to set limits above/below, it's
just it defaults directly to "No", so you can override it on
individual invocations, but not globally.

    int limits { Yes } ...

You can either use that explicitly or you can define

    extend @Math
    def lint
      named limits { "dft" }
      named from   { }
      named to     { }
    {
      int limits { limits } from { from } to { to }
    }

and use "lint" instead of "int", which will also do the right thing
inside in-line math with @M.

-uwe